Owen has been meeting with his spiritual director for over a decade—they are a good fit and what a gift that is. He believes choosing a spiritual director is a significant step in your journey. It matters that you feel comfortable and that you sense real potential for the kind of human connection and trust that will allow you to safely explore your life of faith.
To that end, we usually begin with a free one-hour consultation which offers you an opportunity to explain why you are seeking spiritual direction, and a chance for Owen to explain what this kind of work entails. This meeting allows you to decide if spiritual direction is right for you at this time, and if we can imagine doing this work together.
OUR TIME TOGETHER
- We meet not to problem-solve, or fix, but to observe life, discover God in that life, and be attentive to his promptings. Our focus is on God and his subterranean work in your inner life.
- We believe that God is already at work in your life.
- This is your time, you are in charge. Although a café conversation would be delightful, this Is not that. There is a different physics of time that takes places during spiritual direction. We are not in a hurry. Silence and reflection are welcome partners in this work.
- Spiritual directors are companions on the journey. The Holy Spirit is the Director.
- Our time together is confidential. Nothing you share will be discussed outside of this context unless you choose to.
“Spiritual Formation is the process of being conformed to the image of Christ for the discovery of our true selves for the sake of others.“
For more information, or if you would like to schedule a free initial consultation, please connect with us on the CONTACT page. Sessions can be scheduled as face to face meetings, or via Skype, Facetime, or Zoom.